- Hair must be at least shoulder length in order to effectively curl hair with flat iron.
- Do not wash hair directly before styling hair. Your hair produces natural oils that help your style last longer. If you need to wash your hair, do so the night before you plan to curl your hair.
- If at any point in time you smell your hair burning:
• Make sure that hair is completely dry – placing a hot iron on damp hair will cause it to burn.
• Turn down the temperature setting on your flat iron.
-->Following steps can help you to curl your hair with flat iron....
1. Ensure that your hair is completely dry, as the process of curling hair with a flat iron will not be as effective if the hair is damp.
2. Use a heat-protecting serum that is equally spread all over your hair. There are several such products available in the market, and you may choose one that suits your hair type.
3. Before you begin the curling procedure, decide whether you want small, prominent curls, or large loose curls. This way the sections of hair you take to curl will be decided. Moreover, a thin, 1″ hair straightener will serve the purpose of achieving small curls better, while a slightly thicker straightener will help with the larger curls.
4. Heat the flat iron to the appropriate temperature, higher for frizzy hair, and normal for straight hair.
5. Run the straightener over the hair once, to give it an overall sleek look. If you have frizzy or coarse hair, a straightening procedure before curling will make the hair look neater.
6. Pide your hair into three sections, top, middle and bottom. The curling process will begin at the bottom.
7. Starting from the bottom section, take a 1″ x 1″ section of hair, for small curls. Run the straightener over that section, and stop at the center. Wrap the remaining bottom hair of that section around the straightener. Ensure that you loop it only once. While keeping the hair looped, slowly run the straightener down the hair.
8. The longer you hold the hair in a loop around the flat iron, to curl the hair, the stiffer the curls will be. As such, for loose curls, you can relax the procedure and use larger sections of hair, to achieve a wavy look. Continue this procedure for all the remaining hair.
9. Use your fingers to comb through the curls and use a light spray for hold.